23/6/21 Dear Parents/Guardians
As we come to the end of another eventful but successful year at the school I wanted to inform you of a number of significant changes regarding staffing and teaching roles in September.
They are as follows:
- Miss Charlie Mansell will be covering Miss Laura Mayos’s maternity leave in Dosbarth Pili Pala until March 2021. Miss Mansell began her duties in this Resource Base earlier this term after Miss Kay Sandford initially took on its day to day running for the first month.
- Mrs Kath Gaskell will be taking on the full-time responsibility of School ALNCO (additional Learning Needs Coordinator) as of September 2021. She will be supported by Mrs Catrin Medi Pugh Jones who will be undertaking the role of Deputy ALNCO for the academic year 2021/22.
- Mrs Gaskell’s previous role as Head of the ALC 2 Junior Language Unit has been filled by Mrs Louise Maylor Pridmore who will begin her duties in this role in September 2021.
- Miss Louise Flynn the Nursery teacher will be going on maternity leave from September onwards. She will be replaced by Miss Ffion Thomas during this time. Miss Thomas covered a maternity leave in the Nursery in 18/19 and was part of our very successful inspection then.
- Miss Ceri Bonner the Reception teacher will be going on maternity leave from the beginning of July. She will be replaced by Mrs Rachel Lloyd Thomas during this time. Mrs Thomas has worked extensively throughout the school including the Foundation Phase.
I would like to take this opportunity to wish both expectant mothers all the best for the upcoming months ahead.
- Mrs Annwen James the School Administrator since 2001 will be leaving us at the end of this academic year. Mrs James has played a key strategic role in the school’s ongoing success during this time, her support and knowledge has been invaluable in steering the school through 20 years of progress and restructure. She has been an excellent member of the Senior management Team and will be sorely missed by all members of the school community. Mrs James’s replacement Miss Iola Lloyd Hughes was appointed on 26/5/21 and will assume her new role on 1/9/21.
- Emlyn Jones our Deputy Head teacher at the school since January 2009 will be leaving this role at the end of the academic year. Mr. Jones has been committed to the school and its pupils throughout his time here and has played an integral role in guiding Llwyn yr Eos to where it is today. Mr. Jones’s input to pupil wellbeing and the curriculum is reflected in every success the school has achieved and for this we are truly grateful. His commitment to the PTFA and its exceptional fundraising efforts have supported all members of the school community for many years. Mr. Jones replacement Mr. Steffan Davies was appointed on 13/5/21 and will assume his new role as Deputy and Year 4 teacher on 1/9/21.
- Can I take this opportunity to thank both Mrs. James and Mr. Jones for all their hard work and dedication during their time at the school. Everyone at Llwyn yr Eos wishes you all the best for an exciting and successful next chapter in both your lives.
If any parents/guardians would like to contribute to the collections in place for these longstanding members of staff please contact me directly at the school.