I am writing to you to keep you updated on arrangements at the school regarding Covid 19 from September the 3rd onwards.
As you may have heard September will be a period of transition to a new ‘Covid -19 Infection Control Framework’ that will reflect a local context.
Our aim as ever is to provide a safe and supportive environment for your child and our decision-making process will be in conjunction with Ceredigion Council and the Local Health Board
The following will apply when your child returns to school on Friday 3rd September:
- Staff and pupils will not have to wear a face covering whilst in lessons. We will respect any staff or pupil who may choose to continue to wear a face covering
- Staff will be required to wear a face covering in busy communal areas
- Arrangements for entering and exiting the school will remain the same as well as the staggered pick up times.
- For the first weeks in September, your child will remain in a contact group for their class (primary) whilst we consider expanding the size of some contact groups
- Our usual practices of checking temperature, hand hygiene, good ventilation and one-way systems will continue
- We will be reviewing breakfast club arrangement at the beginning of September and will reopen after a consultation period when we will be looking at the new operating procedures and evaluating current Covid rates.
- New Secondary pupils will need to take an LFT on September the 1stprior to their return to school on September 3rd
- We will ensure that year 6 pupils who will start in the secondary sector in September have LFT tests at home
- Any family who wishes to order LFT tests can do so through the following link https://gov.wales/get-rapid-lateral-flow-covid-19-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms
- If there are further developments over the summer we will inform you by 1stSeptember
Thank you again for all your support throughout the academic year.
We look forward to seeing you back at the school on Friday the 3rd of September.
Have a lovely and well-earned summer break!