Letter to Parents/Guardians 09-01-23

Dear Parents/Guardians.

Welcome back to Spring Term 2023 at Ysgol Llwyn yr Eos

I hope you have all had a restful and pleasant festive break.

REMINDER: This half term is 6 weeks and ends on Friday the 17th of February.

There are three items I’d like to discuss in this message:

• Parent Governors

We have 3 vacancies for parent governors at the school. We are looking for parents/guardians who can work us to extend and enhance the excellent provision currently in place at Ysgol Llwyn yr Eos.

Please contact me if you’d like a chat about this role - I can be contacted on

01970 617011

Or

evansb56@llwyn-yr-eos.ceredigion.sch.uk

Alternatively drop into my office for an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity.

• Attendance

I have been asked by the Local Education Authority to remind you that the acceptable level of attendance in Ceredigion school’s currently stands at 95%.

If your child is ill for any period, then the school kindly ask that you inform us of any absences.  If your child is not ill, then I would appreciate that you contact the school to provide reasons for any absence.

If there are specific issues preventing your child from attending school regularly and on time and you would like to discuss these further, please do not hesitate to contact the school to discuss the matter further.

Thank you for your cooperation regarding this matter.

• Issues Arising

As always can I remind you not to hesitate in contacting the school if you have anything you wish to discuss regarding your child’s progress with us.

If what you wish to discuss involves another pupil at the school can we ask that parents/guardians do not approach any children /families with their concerns onsite but rather let us know so we can deal with whatever issues arise accordingly i.e., parents/guardians shouldn’t be approaching other pupils/families on site to confront or chastise them, for safeguarding reasons.

Thank you for all your ongoing help and support.

Best wishes

Brian Evans

Head teacher